Cognition Learning Group (‘the Group’) takes your privacy very seriously. We have created this page to clearly identify what the Group will and won’t do with the information that is collected on our website and through the surveys we administer.
For the purposes of this policy, Cognition Learning Group refers to four businesses; Cognition Education, Begin Bright, Wavelength Learning and Aspire Development.
While using our website, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you. Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to, your name and contact details including email address, phone number and job title (“Personal Information”). The personally identifiable information that we collect may change, and you will be notified in the event of any changes.
- Where applicable, we currently collect and process the following information:
- Email address
- Phone number
- Job title
- Career details
- Child’s name
- Child’s date of birth
Information collection and use
Cognition Learning Group collects personally identifiable information when you use certain products or services, when you visit the Group’s site pages, when you register for workshops, events and participate in our surveys. The Group also automatically receives and records information on our server logs from your browser including your IP address, the Group’s cookie information and the page you requested. We use information to allow us to contact you about our programmes and services, to customise the content you see and to fulfil your requests for certain products and services.
We will maintain personal information for only as long as it is required to do so by or for as long as necessary for the purpose(s) for which it was collected.
Information sharing and disclosure
Cognition Learning Group will not sell or rent your personally identifiable information to anyone. The Group will only send personally identifiable information about you to other people when:
We have your consent to share the information;
- We need to share your information to provide the product or service you have requested;
- We need to send the information to companies or people who work on behalf of the Group to provide a product or service to you. (Unless we tell you differently, these companies/ people do not have any right to use the personally identifiable information we provide to them beyond what is necessary to assist us.);
- We find that your actions on our website violate the Group Terms of Service, or any of our usage guidelines for specific products or services.
Cognition Learning Group will not publish, disclose, sell or rent any data collected from the surveys you participate in without your consent. If a minor has participated in a survey administered by the Group, the parent or guardian of the child can request to have his/her information deleted from our database. (If you wish to have your child’s data to be deleted please contact us). Please note that this is only possible if they participated in a survey that requested for their name or other identifiable data. Anonymous surveys do not collect any personal data and therefore participation in these surveys cannot be attributed to specific individuals. Request for consent will be collected prior to participation.
Cognition Learning Group uses the first-party Google Analytics cookie to track your return visits but not to identify you personally by name, email, or any other data.
Digital Marketing Service Providers
We periodically appoint digital marketing agents to conduct marketing activity on our behalf, such activity may result in the compliant processing of personal information. Our appointed data processors include:
Data protection rights
Under data protection law, you have rights including:
- Your right of access – You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
- Your right to rectification – You have the right to ask us to rectify personal information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
- Your right to erasure – You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
Your right to restriction of processing – You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to object to processing – You have the the right to object to the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to data portability – You have the right to ask that we transfer the personal information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. Please contact us at email@example.com if you wish to make a request.
Cognition Learning Group gives you the ability to edit your personal information and preferences at any time. You may request deletion of your account by sending us an email. To protect and validate your identity, the email must come from the email address on file for the account.
Accuracy of and access to your personal information
You are entitled to request and access the information that Cognition Learning Group holds about you (subject to limited exceptions), as stated in the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the Data Protection Act 2018. In addition, you have the right to have inaccurate personal information corrected or removed and to object to the processing of your personal information. If you wish to access such personal information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To assist us in maintaining accurate personal information, you must advise us of any changes to your personal information. In the event that Cognition Learning Group becomes aware of any inaccuracy in the personal information that it has recorded, we will correct that inaccuracy at the earliest practical opportunity.
How to complain
You can also complain to the ICO if you are unhappy with how we have used your data.
The ICO’s address:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Helpline number: 0303 123 1113 ICO website: https://www.ico.org.uk
Cognition Learning Group maintains appropriate technical and organisational security measures including staff training to protect personal information against accidental or unlawful destruction, or accidental loss, alteration, unauthorised disclosure or access, in compliance with applicable laws.
Cognition Learning Group may amend this policy from time to time. We advise you to check this site once every year to stay informed of any potential changes.